1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Mission System announced

Discussion in 'Rocktropia Missions' started by Denbrey, Jul 22, 2019.

Do you think you can complete your current stages in the given timeframe?

1. No, I wont even be able to get any of the stages I'm on completed

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No, but I can get the ones I want to completed

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. About half and half

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Yes, I can get the stages I want to completed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Yes, I will be able to get all the stages I'm on completed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I am indignant with fury and am going to explode

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. This bothers me like fashion bothers Saturn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Seeing the back of the existing system will bring me to ecstacy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Denbrey

Denbrey New Member

How will the new Mission System affect your game? An outline of the proposed implementation can be found here: https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/

The Dev notes suggest this is a hunting mission system update. Here are a couple of extracts, for more detail visit the link provided.

Main Features
    • Hunting within a team or participating in a Shared Loot event will now reward all contributing participants relevant progression in their missions based on relative contribution (whether the contribution is made by damage dealing, healing, or scanning).

• Missions requiring kills of a specific creature will automatically begin whenever a qualifying creature is killed, removing the need to first interact with an NPC or mission terminal.

• Once a mission stage is completed, an interface will appear with reward(s). The next mission stage will automatically begin, even if you decide to choose rewards for the preceding stage at a later time.

Example
    You have the current “Iron Atrox IV” mission active. After the implementation of the new mission system, for each kill of a qualifying Atrox creature, you will receive progress on the new Atrox Hunting Challenge mission as well as on the legacy "Iron Atrox IV" mission. If you fulfill the requirements for the Iron Atrox IV mission during the grace period, you will receive the usual reward, but you will not be able to begin the legacy Iron Atrox V mission. Instead, you will automatically receive the next stage of the (new system) Atrox Hunting Challenge mission.

2. Denbrey

Denbrey New Member

I am mostly wondering how far this new system will impact missions overall. It seems like they are concentrating on the hunting missions, but will that affect the story line missions?

I think some of the missions are mutually exclusive too, so how will that work, and what about the dailies?